What is the incubation period for toxic shock syndrome?
This is not TSS
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Toxic Shock Syndrome is rare. The incubation period is up to 48 hours. I can reassure you that by 6 days you would be significantly unwell if you were suffering from it. The symptoms that would be present are a high temperature (100.4F), dizziness, nausea and vomiting, confusion and a red rash.
From the information you have given, you are far more likely to be suffering a sinus or upper respiratory tract infection. The onset of this is simply a coincidence in relation to the prolonged presence of the tampon.
I suggest taking your usual cold remedies, paracetamol, ibuprofen, drink plenty of water and use a nasal decongestant.
I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate yo contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does vomiting or diarrhea signify toxic shock syndrome?
- Toxic shock syndrome burns to pee
- Treatment and cure for toxic shock syndrome
- Diagnosis of toxic shock syndrome
- Toxic shock syndrome dead arm
- Toxic shock syndrome rash
- Symptoms of toxic shock syndrome
- Are headaches symptoms of toxic shock syndrome?
- Toxic shock syndrome causes
- What is toxic shock syndrome