What is the incubation period for herpes to show physical signs?
One week to ten days
The incubation period ranges from two days to ten days depending on the virulence of the strain and the defensive system of the human body.
So you should wait for at least 10 days to see herpetic lesions.
Hope this answers.
May not be STD
If the STD panel is negative after a week it is unlikely to be STD. Let me know the doctor's opinion as well.
I will get retested on Friday and see what that indicates.
If that comes back negative I am wondering what else could cause symptoms such as these.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Physical effects of herpes
- What are the signs of genital herpes
- Is whites sore a sign of herpes
- Is urinating alot a sign of herpes
- Incubation period herpes zoster
- Herpes incubation period in men
- Is peeing alot a sign of herpes
- Oral herpes incubation period
- What is herpes
- Is cold sore a sign of herpes