What is the ideal weight for a 7 month old?
Baby's Name - XXXXXXX
Birth date - 27/jul/2015
My baby girl is 7 months old now and weighs around 8.3 kgs. Would want to know is this normal.
My problem is she doesnt like any sweet food such as cerelac, nestum and so on.. I have now almost tried all the baby food brands with all kinds of flavours starting from rice, wheat, fruits...etc but she just doesnt eat.. :( She only eats home food such as milk rice, mashed potato,dal rice mashed, rava ganji all with a pinch of salt..
and formula milk - dont ask me, she just doesnt like formula feed - again i ve tried with the best brands in market.. only for my puppies to eat them now.. :(
I am very upset about this situation shes not chubby, everybody who sees her asks hasnt she put on weight? this situation really worries me doc.
Please suggest me some thing which will help me to get through this phase and more over she is now taken care by my in laws and i breastfeed her in the morning and then only in the nights(4 times in total)..
I am totally confused as to what she likes to eat?
Your baby is absolutely good no worries here
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description I understand that your baby is not eating cerelac nestum etc.
1. There is absolutely no need to give these baby foods. I generally recommend
my patients to give home made diet like your baby is on currently.
There is nothing more nutritious than natural foods.
You can continue current diet pattern.
Add more foods including what you eat like upma, kitchdi, etc which are soft in consistency.
2. Weight of 8.3 kg at 7 months is perfectly normal.
Excess weight is more harmful than being in the normal range.
Tell your in-laws that healthy children shouldn't be very chubby ( excess fat starts to get deposited in heart arteries and liver, can lead to early diseases like heart issues, hypertension in later life).
Be happy with your child eating home food.
Breastfeeding frequency you mentioned is sufficient at this age।
No cause of concern again.
Wishing your child good health.
Could you please help me with a food chart which i can give my baby like from morning to evening.. and which fruits or vegetables can be given ..etc.. SO that i have a more organised pattern to be discussed with my in laws and follow it..
One more question - My baby has started to have cows milk in a smaller proportion on a daily basis in my absence. is this ok?
Please advise. Thanks for your assistance.
Instead of fixed chart try variety of foods
Early morning - breastfeeding
Breakfast - rice, idli, upma, kitchdi, egg, dosa, mixed with small amount of water.
Midmorning - egg, bread, biscuits, fruits like boiled apple, boiled XXXXXXX etc
Lunch - rice, ragi, with dhal vegetables, curd
Evening snack like midmorning snack with fruits
Dinner can be what you eat like peas rice, ragi, dosa, idli, curd
Add oil or ghee to each meal.
Breastfeeding while you're at home.
Avoid cows milk till one year.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ideal weight of baby at 7th month pregnancy
- Ideal weight for 41 yrs old male
- What is the ideal weight of a 24 years old
- Ideal weight for 65 year old man
- Ideal featus weight at 7th month
- Ideal weight for 64 year old man
- Ideal height and weight for a 67 year old male
- Ideal filipino 3 year old weight
- What should my ideal weight be
- What is the ideal weight and measurements for teens
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....