What is the ideal weight for a 10 month old baby?

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: My baby is 10 months complete but his weight is 8.56 is it ok
Answered by Dr. Arun 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
absolutely fine

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Babies tend to triple their birth weight before one year of age.

Usually the growth is very rapid with fast weight gain in the first 6 months of life. The next 6 months babies show a slow increase in weight which is normal.

Plot the weight in growth chart ( your vaccine file should have one ) and see if the baby is growing along the curve. If there is flattening or dip it needs intervention.

As long as the baby is active and playful, do not worry.

Get giving all kinds of home foods in soft consistency.

A spoonful of ghee or oil to each feed will improve the calories.

Wishing your baby good health
Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari