What is the ideal time gap between doses of Secnil Forte?

Dr. Sonia Raina

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How soon can I repeat a 1mg dose of secnil forte to ensure the amoebic infection has cleared?
Answered by Dr. Sonia Raina 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A span of 4 hours would be required

Detailed Answer:
Hello, greetings!

Secnil, or secnidazole is an anti-infectious drug used for various digestive tract infections.
I would generally recommend my patients 2 gram of secnil forte at a time, or 1 gram of secnil forte followed by another 1 gm dose, in a span of 4 hours.
I would like to add that you are probably confused with the denominations 'gm' and 'mg' . The correct denomination is 'gm'.

Wish you good health. If you have any further clarifications, please feel free to contact.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sonia Raina 2 hours later
I had it 4 days ago so another dose tonight should be safe then.

thanks
Answered by Dr. Sonia Raina 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes, would be safe but more efficient if taken same day

Detailed Answer:
Yes it would be safe to take another dose, but the efficiency is top notch when taken as a 2gram dose on the same day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj