Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What is the ideal lymphocyte count?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
My lymph % was 28.8 and my absolute lmph count is 1.9 any cause for concern?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: there is no cause for concern Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query, About 20-40% of all white blood cells are lymphocytes. So you having lymphocyte count of 28.8% and an absolute count of 1.9 is normal. You need not worry as you are in good shape. But, if you had presented the complete results of other blood counts/analysis, I might be able to tell exactly if you had any specific issues, hence help you out better. Feel free to write back with any updates. Hope this helps Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the ideal lymphocyte count? 1 hour later
The reason for concern is that I am experiencing tingling in my hands and feet and have slight heat feeling pulsating in my thighs. Not sure if neurological affected by some type of viral nerve damage. (reason for asking anout my lymphosyte counts) I have also been experiencing extreme anxiety and stress that may be causing these symptoms in my body parts. But the more they continue the more I worry!
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Tingling in hands and feet is often a neuropathy Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX Well those symptoms are neurological in origin and is often known as peripheral neuropathy. If I had your age and medical history, I would be able to rule out the most likely causes related to you. Chronic diseases conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, vitamin B12 deficiency, liver diseases, some viral infections, autoimmune diseases etc can lead to peripheral neuropathy. A health provider should be able to make the distinction. I suggest you are also see a neurologist for proper medical assessment and subsequent treatment. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor