What is the further cure for glioblastoma stage four?
Thanks for your query.
It is the most common and most aggressive malignant primary brain tumor.
With the exception of brain stem gliomas, glioblastoma has the worst prognosis of any
central nervous system malignancy.
Disease free interval for long time is possible but there is a chance of recurrent tumor in 10 - 20% of people.
Despite multimodality treatment consisting of open craniotomy with surgical resection of as much as the tumor as possible, followed by concurrent or sequential chemoradiotherapy, antiangiogenic therapy, gamma knife radiosurgery, and symptomatic management with corticosteroids, prognosis is poor.
Median survival rate is approximately 14 months.
Surgery is the first stage of treatment of a globlastoma.
Palliative treatment usually is conducted to improve quality of life and to achieve a longer survival time.
It includes surgery followed by external beam radiation and chemotherapy.
Hope I have answered your query.
I will be available for your follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the further cure for glioblastoma stage four
- Eyes glioblastoma last stages
- Malignant glioblastoma stage 4
- Treatment and cure for glioblastoma multiforme
- Recurrent glioblastoma stage 4
- Treatment and cure for glioblastoma brain tumor
- Treatment and cure for Malignant glioblastoma
- Treatment and cure for glioblastoma
- Glioblastoma multiforme final stages
- Stages of dying from glioblastoma
- Organic day moisturizer, with sun protection, for normal skin. Product...
- Is it cancer if I have recurrent sore throats?
- What are the side effects of Amitryptyline ?
- Thyroid problem, TSH 17.3, high levels, homeopathic medication. Treatment ?
- Should i continue with Progyluton tablets even though i have white...
- Are the white patches on my child's feet due to swimming in chlorine water?
- Enlarged lymph nodes behind ears, enlarged glands in neck, mono...
- How do I know how severe my calf injury is?
- What can I do to treat dry skin due to prostate cancer medication?
- What are normal blood parameters?