Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What is the finger like structure out of anus during pregnancy? Will shield help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions

I'm 23 yrs and i'm into 6th month of pregnancy. From last two weeks i,m observing that fingure like structue (tip of fingure) coming out of my anus. After toilet it comes out and few times it goes back , If it remains then i start feeling pain.

Local doctor has prescribed a ointment called "SHIELD" which i need to apply 3 times daily.

But still the problem remains same.

Pls. help me to get rid of this.

Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The piece of tissue that comes out from your rectum is piles or hemorrhoids which is commonly seen during pregnancy.
For the treatment, some lifestyle measures need to be incorporated.

1) You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Be a smart grocer, choose foods which have fibre more than 25gm in the nutrition information label

2) You can also sit in hot sitz bath by sitting in a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day. The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids.

3) Application of local anesthetic gels and vaso constrictors like Shield ointment are also useful.

4) However for specific treatment, you have to consult a surgeon. Some of the preferred methods are injection sclerotherapy, rubber band ligation and by surgical method like hemorrhoidectomy. Nowadays laser coagulation and infrared photocoagulation are also used.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the finger like structure out of anus during pregnancy? Will shield help? 1 hour later


Thanks for your reply,

Pls. let me know this problem is over once i deliver the baby, or it will continue...bcoz local doctor has said it will get over once i deliver the baby. Is it true?

As i live in mumbai, I'm getting lot of sweat and itching in under arms area....same itching problem on my face also and it apperars like musquito bite on my face. pls let me know the solution


Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
After the delivery, the symptoms of pain and the swelling of the tissue will subside. Till then you can go for conservative management.
Hot and humid weather is commonly associated with local fungal infections. You can use clotrimazole powder for symptomatic relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor