What is the efficacy of an EBT lung scan for a smoker?

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: What is the efficacy of an EBT lung scan for a smoker?
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 12 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. EBT (Electron beam tomography) lung scan is a low dose ct scan.

2. Such screening scans help in detection of lung diseases like lung cancer and emphysema if present at an earlier stage.

3. This is a recently advanced and researched investigation.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist
Follow up: Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 18 minutes later
Thank You, Dr. Gyanshankar XXXXXXX

In your opinion, you would recommend over a chest x-ray?
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 6 hours later
Thanks for the follow up query.
After going through your follow up query, I would like to comment the following:

Yes, definitely the EBT scan has a higher sensitivity over chest xray in picking up lung lesions at an earlier stage.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist