What is the effectiveness of Depo-Provera?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in General Health
Question: If i was pregnant when i got the depo shot, after abortion, is it still efective in my body?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 minute later
No, it is not effective. You can become pregnant.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Please hit thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 39 minutes later
Why not? I thought the shot is effective for 12 weeks
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sorry for misunderstanding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Sorry for misunderstanding.
I thought you took depo shot before abortion.
So depo shot was not working as you got pregnant.
But you took depo shot after abortion. Right?
If you have taken depo shot after abortion then it will work and you are protected against pregnancy.
So please let me know
1. Date of your abortion.
2. Date of Depo shot.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 50 minutes later
Took depo 8/23
Abortion 9/08 (5 weeks of pregnancy)
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are protected from pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Now everything is clear.
You are protected against pregnancy.
So no need to worry for pregnancy until 12 weeks from 8th September.
Hope I have solved your query.
If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on bit.ly/askdrkaushalbhavsar.
Wish you good health. Thanks.