What is the duration of treatment with Entrogermina for loose motion in children?
Doctor then prescribed him Entrogermina (liquid) 5ml mor/eve. We gave him this for 3 days but motions still not controlled. He still goes for motion about 3-4 times a day. Only discharge liquid.
Kindly suggest if v continue Entrogermina for few more days or any other medicine.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Antibiotics disturb the normal gastrointestinal flora and therefore can lead to diarrhea. You can continue Enterogermina for a few more days. Also give curd or yogurt since it contains plenty of beneficial bacteria and should help. However, the loose stools can continue for 2-4 more days.
The mainstay of treatment is ORS (oral rehydration solution). Unless the lost salts and fluids are replenished the child would become dehydrated. The urine output needs to be monitored. If the frequency comes down it indicates dehydration and calls for additional supplementation of fluids. But if the child becomes lethargic you would need to take the child to a hospital without delay.
You may give zinc supplements like Zinconia Syr 10 ml once daily for the next 10 days. You need not worry. It should gradually return back to normal.
Please be patient. Feel free to write back.
1 ampoule twice daily for the next few days.
Continue to give Crocin when needed
The fever is likely to be due to the infection for which the antibiotic was given, and not due to the loose motion itself. You are doing the right thing by giving Crocin if the fever goes beyond 100°F.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motion treatment
- What is the treatment for loose motion
- What are the treatments for loose motion acidity and giddiness
- What are the treatments for loose motion constipation and fever
- What treatment do you suggest for loose motions
- What is the treatment for loose motion just after eating
- What is the treatment for green colored loose motion
- What are the treatments for loose motion and vomiting
- What is the permanent cure for loose motions in children
- Treatment and cure for loose motion