What is the dosage of oral polio vaccine?

Posted on Wed, 7 May 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hi , oral polio vaccine was given 20 times the normal dose . Will it result in any problem . Please reply as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Could you please specify how many drops. Do you mean. About 40 drops.? When was it given and what is age of baby? Watch for any vomiting or loose motions Get back to me so that I can assist better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later
It was given yesterday baby is one and half month old & yes around 6 - 8 drops were given. hoping for an early reply. Regards
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Opv is a safe vaccine and 7 to 8 drops will not do any harm. Give him his routine feeds. Hope this helps. Take care.
Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician