question-icon

What is the dosage of Vitamin D3 injection?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016
Question: Hi Doctor,

I have Vitamin D below 9mg. For three months , I have taken Vitamin D3 powder( Vitanova - 60K per unit) per week. Now , I have taken one injection of Architol 6L. The doctor has advised me to take another two injection in next weeks . Kindly advise, if this is okay.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It won't be necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. As you are taking oral vitamin D3 60k weekly repeating injections won't be necessary. According to me you can continue with the oral vitamin D supplement.
One study has shown that oral vitamin d3 has increased the blood levels of vitamin d than injections also. Do you check your vitamin D levels after 3 months of taking supplements?

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN