What is the dosage of Thyronorm for this thyroid profile test report?

Dr. Divakara

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: MY SELF XXXXXXX XXXXXXX AND MY T3 IS 1.06 , T4 IS 8.96 AND TSH IS 5.91 PLZ SUGEST ME CAN I TAKE THYRONORM 50 MCG, plz give me the help full advice about my thyriod .
Answered by Dr. Divakara 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reduce the dose of Neomercazole.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Well see since you are taking Tab Neomercazole , it is expected for the TSH to go high. ( In fact it is for that purpose only Neomercazole has been given ) . Now if you take Thyronorm it is exactly the opposite medication of Neomercazole and hence it will be illogical to take Thyronorm.

What you need to do is to reduce the dose of Neomercazole to 2.5mg and repeat Thyroid Profile after 2 months . Kindly revert back with reports.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 2 days later
my doctor had advised to me for THYRONORM 50 MCG for two month regular , and i had aslo take 5 pill regular.......... at the morning in empty stomach .

plz sugest me ur valuable advice ,
Answered by Dr. Divakara 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to take Thyronorm.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

No I don't think taking thyronorm is a right thing to do as long as you are on Neomercazole.

Just reduce the Neomercazole dose and repeat TSH test as advised before.

Regards.