What is the dosage of Synthroid?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I'm wondering if i am on the right dose of synthroid. Below are my test results:
T3 Uptake 27.3%
T4 14.2 ug/dl
FTI 3.9
TSH 1.28

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The dose is correct if it is Hashimoto thyroiditis.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

To give you a proper answer it is important to know why are you taking synthroid?

Are you diagnosed with Hashimoto ( autoimmune) thyroiditis or are you post thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer?

If you have Hashimoto thyroiditis the dose is correct, continue with 125 and after 6 months check TSH level. There is no need to check all the thyroid hormones.

If you are post thyroidectomy than some more information would've of help.

Hope I have been useful.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee