What is the dosage of Predcort for a 17 month old baby?

Question
What is the dosage of PREDCORT ds to give my 17 month old baby weighing 35 pounds who has allegies. (This is the medication his pediatrician usually prescribe but the dosage is what I am unsure about. The pediatrician usually gives him a combination of ventolin, aerius and predcort)
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
here is the dosage.

Detailed Answer:
Looking at your childs other medicines it seems that he is taking this medicine for asthma or bronchospasm.
Though dose may differ from condition to condition in asthma we give the dosage as follows-

Oral: 1 to 2 mg/kg/day in divided doses 1 to 2 times a day for 3 to 5 days.

Intravenous: 2 to 4 mg/kg/day divided 3 or 4 times a day.

Oral solution contains prednisolone 15 mg per 5 ml. Consider it is in this form I would give the child 3.5ml to 5ml twice a day.

Hope I helped you.