What is the dosage of Oxycodone for back pain?
Needs a x ray first. Dont give opioids so easily
I Am Dr Mittal
I have read your query.
I dont think your husband needs oxycodone at all.
Ideally he needs an MRI but since that is not possible (in view of teh hip implant- assuming it is metallinc), I would suggest a x ray of the LS Spine, or a CT of LS Spine. Since radiation is an issue, I suggest getting an x ray first, and then if needed a CAT scan.
He will need a prescription of gabapentin and amitryptiline (combination medicines are available). Physiotherapy may be needed depending on the X ray/CAT.
I hope that the information helps you.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes back pain while taking oxycodone
- Tramadol dosage for back pain
- Flexeril dosage for back pain
- Ibuprofen dosage for back pain
- Diazepam dosage for back pain
- Valium dosage for back pain
- Gabapentin for back pain dosage
- Naproxen dosage for back pain
- Celebrex dosage for back pain
- Oxycodone for back pain