What is the dosage of MTP pill for abortion?

Posted on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: My wife delivers a baby 4.5 months ago and now she became pregnant again. Can she use unwanted kit for abort pregnancy ? How to take these 5 tablet?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MTP KIT

Detailed Answer:

Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Firstly I would like to suggest you that it is not safe to take the MTP pill yourself without consulting a gynecologist.
Kit consists of one large tablet to be taken at once and then after 48 hours of that take the rest of the tablets In kit which are four in number.
After taking full kit, abortion occurs anytime between 6 hours to 5 days.
But in few patients there can be an incomplete abortion or excessive bleeding per vaginum and in that case you have to visit a gynecologist.
I hope I have answered your question but in case you have other questions I will be happy to help.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN