What is the dosage of Azee for cough and bad throat?

Posted on Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have cough and bad throat. looks like infection as citzine A and broncorex are not working. In the past, have been prescribed Azee, but can't remember if it was 250 mg or 500 mg? Which should I take? Or is there a better alternative to azee?
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: take amoxycillin with steam inhalation and gargles Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You have infection of the upper respiratory tract infection with a component of the lower respiratory tract infection. If certizine and broncorex are not working and you have acute symptoms, you can start with Amoxycillin 500 TDS and if cough (LRTI) component is more may start with levofloxacin 750 OD. Along with that take steam and do gargles with hexidine. Also take a mucolytic with bronchodilator. It is good that you are fit but smoking and alcohol in any case should be avoided especially smoking which should be avoided altogether. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Dr. Prahlad Duggal

ENT Specialist