What is the difference between neck CT and neck soft tissues CT?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi doctor,

Is there a difference between a Neck CT and a Neck soft tissues CT or are they 2 terminologies for the same thing.

And if not will a Neck CT show cervical lymph nodes under chin and of the supraclavicular area.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A neck CT will show all of these structures!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

The difference is just recommending that they focus so much on the soft tissue as opposed to the bones during analysis. The CT would be able to show all structures of the neck including the lymph nodes. Normally, a CT of the neck with include the upper part of the chest and the lower part of the skull to make sure that all neck structures are appropriately captured.

I hope this addresses your worry. I wish you well.

Kind regards!