What is the difference between Jewish and American circumcision procedures?

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello.. I am a jewish male, born in 1951. I was circumcised, but in the Jewish manner which leaves a hunk of foreskin under the glans... I would like to find out about having an "American" style "update".... Thougths?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is much big difference between two procedur

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

There is much big difference between two procedures. But the one done in hospitals would follow many aseptic precautions and so it looks without scar. You can go to any surgical department and request for the typical hospital style procedure.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T