What is the difference between Gabapentin and Acetaminophen?

Question
What is the difference between gabapentin 300mg and hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10-325
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
An anticonvulsant and an analgesic

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,
I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns..

hydrocodone acetaminophen is a pain reliever that contains of a combination of hydrocodone which is an opioid narcotic that works on your brain to alter its perception of painful stimuli and alter the way your body responds to pain, and acetaminophen which is a less potent non opioid analgesic but it acts to augment the action of hydrocodone.. hydrocodone acetaminophen is basically used to relive moderate to severe pain..

On the other hand, gabapentin is an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic drug that is used to prevent and control seizures but it is also used to relieve neuropathic nerve pain due to herpes zoster infection and also in treatment of restless leg syndrome..

I hope you find this helpful..
if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.