What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
The chemical is identical in both. How fast it gets into your system is the main determinant. Oxycontin is controlled release;
LESS gets in at one time ... But gets in over a long period.
Time to begin getting relief ...FASTER in oxycodone
Peak effect and peak bloodstream level higher in oxycodone
duration.. much shorter (4 hr versus 12) in oxycodone; longer in oxycontin
Abuse potential... pretty similar.
They've been playing around with the construction of long acting oxycontin to make it difficult to crush the pill and get all the oxycodone out of it.
Price, much higher with oxycontin
OXYCONTIN: [Onset slower, peak effect worse, Cannot be taken on the spur of the moment if something happens to make pain worse, price higher]
How about both a bit bad, but oxycontin WORSE
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oxycodone er vs oxycontin
- Snort oxycodone vs oxycontin
- Oxycontin oxycodone strength comparisons
- Oxycontin withdrawal symptoms oxycodone
- Oxycodone vs oxycontin difference
- Oxycontin vs oxycodone dosage
- Oxycontin vs oxycodone hydrochloride
- Oxycodone vs oxycontin strength
- Oxycontin vs oxycodone drug
- Difference between oxycodone and oxycontin
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...