What is the diet for a diabetic patient?
With These Levels, You are not Diabetic
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Your fasting and Random blood sugars both are with in normal reference range. However, your Fasting blood sugar lies in the range of Pre-Diabetes.
But these values fluctuate and depends on the meals that you had taken recently.
I would suggest you following:
1. Glycosylated Hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels, that will tell your average blood sugar of last 3 months.
2. Oral Glucose Tolerance Test.
However, in general, you should avoid taking high carbohydrate and high fat diet. Avoid taking banana, XXXXXXX potato, rice, alcohol, high sugar items , sweets, Cold drinks.
At this stage and age, exercising daily and a modest weight reduction would help you a lot.
Revert with HbA1c report. Also, if you can afford get a Fasting Lipid Profile done.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet in typhoid for diabetic patient
- Diabetes patient what to do
- Diet snapple for diabetic patients
- Diet for tb and diabetics patient
- Diet diabetic jaundice patients
- Diet chart for diabetic patient
- What diet should be maintained for a diabetic patient
- Diet for diabetic patients in tamilnadu
- What should be the proper diet for a diabetic patient
- Recommended diet for diabetic patients