What is the daily routine for an MS personality?
Depression/Mood disorders may be associated.Switching can be done.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
If you would have presented to me as an outpatient,I would have told you that personality changes,mainly the mood disorders are commonly associated with MS.Depression is reported to be prevalent in about 50% of the MS patients.Sometimes,extreme depression may lead to even suicidal tendencies.However,as I said,prevalence is in about 50 percent of the cases.
As far as switching from Fingolimod(Gilenya) to Tecfidera is concerned,there is no problem as such in stopping Fingolimod and starting Tecfidera.However,individual MS drugs may behave variably for different individuals like if the patient's disease activity is well controlled on Fingolimod,it is not necessary that patient's disease activity will remain controlled alike on Tecfidera.Both of these are approved and effective drugs.Still,Fingolimod is older and has a larger effectiveness data as compared to Tecfidera.
Talking about adverse effects,Fingolimod is considered better on day to day life as compared to Tecfidera which is known to have more day to day side effects like flushing,gastritis or diarrhea.On the other hand,Fingolimod's long term safety profile is in doubt.
So,to summarise,both drugs have excellent effectiveness profile and their own side effects.Any one can prove to be better for a particular individual.It's your choice.If you are happy with Fingolimod,stay on it.If you want to try Tecfidera,go ahead with a positive hope but a defined risk that it can cause some side effects and may not control disease activity that well or may be better control it.It's your choice and your treating neurologist's choice to go for it or not.
Hope I have answered your query.If you have some follow-up queries,I shall be glad to answer else,please close the thread-rate it and write a review.Your rating will be of help to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medication to take for ms
- What is ms wbt server
- Daily changes for person with uti
- Daily diet chart for typhoid person
- What is stool routine
- What are the earliest symptoms of ms
- What are the daily routines of a pediatrician
- What is stool routine test
- What causes ms disease
- Daily routine exercises to lose weight
- Suggest treatment for neuralgia on right side of face
- Suggest treatment for pain in head along with knee pain and locking
- Suggest treatment for numbness in arms and legs
- What causes left-sided twitching on face and eye?
- What causes shaky hands and head?
- Suggest treatment to regenerate the femoral nerve damaged by a haemorrage
- What causes chronic sense of fullness in head and tenderness of scalp?
- What causes sore and stiff neck along with blurry vision?
- What causes difficulty in speech along with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of burning feet syndrome