Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the cure for swollen testicles and pain in abdomen and kidney area with high levels of protein in urine sample?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9589 Questions
Age 30. 5'9". 169 pounds. Pain and swelling of testicles 3 weeks ago with pain in abdomen and kidney area. I was seen by an emergency room doctor who said it was an infection and gave two weeks of doxycycline which I took as directed and finished. Within three days of completing this prescription, the pain returned and another urine sample showed high levels of protein. Tests came back negative for STD's.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is Bilateral Orchitis secondary to UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed infection of both the testicles secondary to UTI. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done. 1) Haemogram. 2) Routine urine test and Urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to so that you can take appropriate antibiotic to combat the infection. 3) Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum and abdomen . In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Please note that Orchitis takes long time to get cured completely hence you will have to take these medicines at least for 4-6 weeks. Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor