Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for small cracks in the right side of my tongue?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
My tongue has small cracks in right side edge since morning.. whenever my teeth touches that place it hurts... I never had this before... took 1 B complex tablet but it didnt solve my problem.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax, nothing serious Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. There can be multiple causes of cracks on the tongue. Sharp tooth margin, dietary deficiency, gastro intestinal disturbances, altered bowel habits, tongue bite or even stress can be a cause of tongue cracks. Use of alcohol, tobacco also can be a reason for the cracked tongue. Oral thrush, acid reflux, allergic reactions and cancer can be the other causes. Your history is of one day and no serious problem can be there. So, relax and take B complex for few days. A single tablet of B complex will not be effective. Use kenacort gel for local application over tongue, in case the problem does not resolve. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cure for small cracks in the right side of my tongue? 16 minutes later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX I am Grateful to you for the answer... I was damn scared. yes I do have abnormal teeth where exactly this pain is.. also have gastro problem and on medication for oesophagitis grade a. Also have bad breath due to sinus and tonsils... So i was damn scared of this tongue pain but I dont see any bump or lymph on the tongue. I will continue the B complex for few days.. Thanks so much again. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Get the irritant tooth treated Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. First thing you should do is to get the suspected tooth treated. Use a high fibre diet as a routine and occasional use of probiotic preparation. A long course of proton pump inhibitors will also help in solving the problem. Use kenacort gel for local application over the painful area. If problem does not subside in few days, consult an ENT and get the area inspected and palpated. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor