Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for severe cracks on feet and pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
my wife has cracks to her feet which cause severe discomfort along with pain. Some times walking becomes painful too. It recurs every winter season. I got a consultation from a dermatologist earlier and he suspects that its a form of Psoriasis and prescribed 2 ointments (don't remember the names. But they just helped temporarily. I received an answer (earlier to this query ) that it could be psoriasis/contact eczema or fissured eczema. But there is one particular point that i missed to update. We are located in Bangalore which has cold dry climate and she suffers from this problem in Bangalore. If she moves to her native in Guntur, the problem immediately and totally disappears. It will be back when she comes back. Based on the above observations, could this problem still be categorized under psoriasis/contact eczema or fissured eczema ? thanks XXXXX
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 26 hours later
Brief Answer: localized psoriasis Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in. I have gone through the history and images uploaded by you. The condition appears to be plantar psoriasis more than contact eczema or fissured eczema. This kind of localized psoriasis increases in colder months of the year.The climate of bangalore is more or less cooler throughout the year.That may be the reason for increasing the symptoms while in Bangalore.This form of psoriasis is harmless.Although it can be chronic in nature.It can clear in summer season.With treatment you can keep it under control. In my clinic such patients are benefited by steroid+ salicylic acid ointment , moisturizers ,use of cotton socks n shoes. Hope this helps. I will be available for follow up. Regards. DrSudarshan MD dermatology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor