Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for pea sized lump on right thigh?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
I have a small pea sized cyst/ lump under the skin on my right thigh that is somewhat sensitive to the touch
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: lipoma or sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Form your description provided, it looks like either your have a lipoma or it is a sebaceous cyst. Lipomas are benign collections or fat under our Skin. These are usually painless and symptomless in nature. Overlying skin is completely normal looking. These can generally be left as such . But sometimes when there is sudden increase in size or these lesions cause pain, then removal is needed. Sebaceous cysts are characterized by their development around a hair follicle. So you can usually see a black spot in the middle of the swelling. These also need treatment or removal if there is any pain. These can get infected sometime and need antibiotics for treatment. I would advise you to take some painkillers for two to three days so as to decrease any inflammation. But if the pain still continues them you might have to see a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment. Also if there is anything on the overlying skin, then you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesion and email them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. You can also upload them here on this page. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor