Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

What is the cure for my wisdom teeth pain and jaw pain in right side?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1011 Questions
My right side jaw and below ear paining. the place (gum) near wisdom teeth is RED ... it doesn't hurt when I chew . Its just there. Its been more than a year now I am having wisdom teeth pain, none of these wisdom teeth are out... :( The pain in jaw and cheek is since morning.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Pericoronitis Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. According to the history posted here it appears that you have an inflammed and infected, impacted wisdom teeth causing Pericoronitis.(redness,swelling,pain around wisdom teeth and adjacent area.) The best treatment for this is to get the teeth surgically removed,which I think your dentist might have suggested you earlier too.Since wisdom teeth is considered a vestigial organ. At present, you can take a small course of antibiotic and can visit your dentist and get them prescribed. I usually give Augumentin 625 mg once daily for three days along with Combiflam,thrice daily for three days. Simultaneously do warm saline rinses for three times daily after food.See that there is no food accumulation in that area(around wisdom tooth). This should solve your immediate problem,but please remember it is best to get the tooth out to avoid recurrent infections. Hope I have answered your query.For further doubts please let me know. Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor