What is the cure for inflamed and painful little toe?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: my left little toe get inflamed and is very painful
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I need more info in order to help you better as the information given is not enough to come to a conclusion. 1. How did it get inflamed ? 2. Is it swollen and red? 3.Are you able to bend the toe? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later
I don't know how it get inflamed ,but in the morning is worse, is a sort of soft corn between the toes ,and yes I can bent my toe
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti inflammatory drugs to be taken Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the quick reply For an inflamed toe I suggest you to take a course of antibiotic, the ideal antibiotic would be a combination of amox with clavulanic acid, taken twice daily for 5 days. It popularly comes as Tab Augmentin. The ideal anti inflammatory drug would be to take Tab Enractin plus twice daily for 3 days, it also helps reduce the pain. I advice to discuss my suggestions with a general surgeon, please do not consider this my prescription to you I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery