Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for hair folliculitis in my private area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12818 Questions
Hi, Iam 27 yrs old female, sufferring from hair folliculities for the past 3 years..Need help to cure this
I am suffering this in and around my private area.Done culture test. Found out staphyloccoccus aureus in 2009. Since then having antibiotics. When I have antibiotics, it will get cured for 1 month, after that again it will start. For how long I have to take these antibiotics? need help
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: What is the cure for hair folliculitis in my private area? 8 minutes later
I had my last antibiotic, azithromycin in the month of march
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Recurrent hair folliculitis that too in the private area means the area is repeatedly getting infected due to may be improper hygiene or low immunity or associated factors like diabetes.

For this, you need to maintain a proper hygeine, look for any associated diseases like HIV or diabetes- please get it examined by a dermatologist and few investigations like routine blood and urine tests along with blood sugar levels might be required.

It would be better to get a fresh culture and sensitivity test done as for right antibiotic treatment until the cultures turns negative.

General measures like intake of 7-10 glasses of water daily, avoidance of all cosmetics should also be maintained for good and faster results.

A combination of antibiotics will be better for controlling the problem rather than a single drug.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor