Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for chronic pain caused due meniscus tear in left knee and herniated C5-7 bulging disk?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3614 Questions
Chronic pain with all my records. Two auto injuries at work. : Female Age : 46 I'm looking for a pain doc or internal med doc who will prescribe my percocets and do injections ( epidural). I have back, hip, nerve pain down my left leg, meniscus tear in left knee (had surgery), ankle and foot surgery; not to mention left and right shoulder rotator cuff tears (had left shoulder surgery) , and need right shoulder surgery soon. I had an autoimmune blood test done which showed I have joint issues. I am in pain 24/7, also with migraines and neck c5-7 herniated bulging disk. I use to get Percocet 30s @ 5 to 6 a day, now I can't find a doctor to take care of me anymore, especially with my meds. I have no quality of life anymore. I can't work, nor finish the 7 classes I have left to get my bachelor degree due to debilitating pain. The pain drives me totally nuts. Can a doctor help me out there so I can somewhat have my life back? Please someone answer me. I don't care what the answer be, I will except whatever may help me.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain Needs Mnagement Detailed Answer: Hello Mr XXXX! I am Dr S Khan and i am sorry for your troubles you had been through. No wonder you need a lot of pain management and a good doctor near by. Mr XXXXXXX due to your country issues i am afraid i cant provide you with the prescription of percocet but i can guide you what to do what not to. As you need a chronic pain management specialist so do a rheumatologist. Percocet has oxycodones in it. And this can be prescribed only in states so i think i will not be able to as i am thousands miles away from states.But what i can do is to listen to you every word you say and try to find a solution by guiding you and making the ways for you. I can also provide you the doctors list near by you and i can give you tips regarding management of these pains. Mr XXXXXXX ou need a management plan and that is to be devised by a team of doctors comprising rheumatologist, chronic pain management specialist and dietitians as diet and lifestyle modifications can change the fate a lot, and last but not the least a physiotherapist. Hope i was of some help. Mr XXXXXXX Let me know if you need any thing more from me. I would love to entertain your any further queries other wise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor