What is the correlation between erectile dysfunction and chronic congestive epididymitis?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Yes, thank you. Several years ago, I had a vasectomy. Now, I've been diagnosed with erectile dysfunction and chronic congestive epididymitis. Can these two things be connected? Where can I find documentation on this? I've been prescribed Viagra, but I can seldom get an erection. With an ultrasound, I also have bilateral head cysts. Thx, I'm trying to understand this...

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Erectile Dysfunction can not be due to Chronic Epididymitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone vasectomy several years go and now have Erectile Dysfunction .

The Chronic Congestive Epididymitis is a common radiological finding in those who have undergone Vasectomy however Erectile Dysfunction can not be due to Chronic Epididymitis and you can not find out documentation on internet regarding relation between Erectile Dysfunction and Chronic Epididymitis.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have pain in testicles?
2) Is there any stress factor that has recently cropped up in your life ?
3) Have you ever tested your blood sugar levels to rule out diabetes.?

It is very common and normal to get Erectile Dysfunction some time or other in every one's life at this age what is called as Secondary Erectile Dysfunction where one can not find any organic cause.But most in most of the cases it gets resolved over a period of time .

Please consult qualified \Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to find out any cause for ED.
1) Haemogram
2) Blood test to rule out Diabetes .
3)Color Doppler Ultrasound scanning of Penis to rule out any vascular cause for your ED.

Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Taking Sildenafil (Viagra)as on demand will help to get good hard sustainable erection and to have enjoyable sex.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist