What is the conversion dosage of Nature-Throid to Cytomel?
In order to provide a safe recommendation to you with regards to this conversion, I would first like to know if you have a history of heart problems such as blocked arteries, past heart attack, angina or have you undergone heart stents or bypass surgery? I would also like to know if you have had strokes or mini-strokes in the past or your neck carotid arteries are known to have some blockages? And finally, have you ever been diagnosed with PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease)?
After you advise me of the above, I will give you precise recommendations on the conversion.
However, in general I must emphasize that most thyroid experts do not recommend use of cytomel in routine use. Levothyroxine alone should suffice. But I will provide a rough idea of equivalent doses anyway for your knowledge.
Apologies for the delay in responding.
Typically when I see a patient in my practice requesting the above, I use 25 mcg of Cytomel (liothyronine) when converting from 1 grain (65 mg) of Nature-thyroid.
However, a comprehensive physical examination is necessary before I arrive at this decision.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cytomel t3 dosage
- Cytomel dosage bodybuilding
- Is nature throid used in the treatment of thyroid removal ?
- Cytomel dosage for women
- Dull headache nature throid
- Headaches with nature throid
- What is cytomel prescribed for
- What are the side effects of nature-throid?
- Cytomel dosage for depression
- Synthroid and cytomel dosage
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...