What is the commonest cause of midcycle bleeding?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: I had my period on 7th April which lasted for 5 days. Then I had unprotected sex last month with my husband. We tried for having a baby so we had sex every alternate day in my fertile days (18th April - 25th April). After this is had my regular period on 9th May which lasted for 5 days. But after a week my periods got over i am observing spotting. it started on 20th May and till date i can see the same. Some dark brownish spots on my underwear. The flow is not heavy that i need to use a pad but yes spots on my underwear can be seen. Other then this is cannot feel any pain or irritation.

Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mid cycle spotting

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs. XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion it is just a mid cycle spotting which at times occurs in some cycles but also there is a remote possibility of ongoing abortion process or an ectopic pregnancy.
So first do a urine pregnancy test and tell me the result.
In case positive then get an ultrasound at the earliest but if negative then nothing active needs to be done and rather try naturally for pregnancy as before.
Dr Manisha
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN