Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What is the causes allergy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
Hi I am 26 years old man with althletic body, last 4 month i was suffering from very hard pain in my head, ( especially in back side of my head). Tension around ayes and high heart beat . Some times mental confusion and recently my neck swolled up. Becuase i was taking thyroid horme ( i was taking it before this symthoms and it was ok ) i stopped it but pains were continuing. Luckly very randomly i realized that i have very hard alergy to peanuts- which i was eating durin last 4 month constantly . As soon as i stopped my pain around ayes in head and mental abilities began to recovery -- i am not eating them last 5 days and i am going good. My question is:: cans long exposure to alergy symthoms leave trace on my body ? i still fill very light pain sometimes in my head- will it go by the time too? do you advice to take some analysis or pilles? i recover thyroid hormene and it is ok now ! i feel that my body recovers from 4 month of fighting best regards XXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Allergen challange should be avoided Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Peanut allergy is not that uncommon and rashes, swelling over face stomach pain or altered bowel are the common symptoms. Tachycardia and breathing difficulty can also be there. An excessive dose of thyroid hormones can also produces such symptoms. Avoiding exposure to a know allergen is the best strategy and giving challenge to the body and expecting the body to fight back can prove detrimental to the health. This is not advisable in case of food allergies which can be easily avoided. Most likely the body will recover as is clear from the progressive decline of your symptoms. Please consult an ENT or endocrinologist and get your thyroid profile done and get the thyroid hormone dose adjusted to the optimum. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor