question-icon

What is the cause of the erectile dysfunction?

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018
Question: I have lost rigidity the last two times my wife and I had sex. I seem to remember my testosterone level as being quite high on the scale. Looking for possible reasons. I take low doses of amlodipine besylate and meloxicam.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
ED at this age commonly associated with Enlarged Prostate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted the Erectile Dysfunction at the age of 69 is commonly due to following factors
1) Associated Enlarged Prostate
2) Long Standing Hypertension
3) Ageing process .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Are you Diabetic?
2) Do you have obstructive voiding symptoms like frequency ,Nocturia,Urgency etc ?

Taking Cialis in low doses of 2mg once daily and 10 mg one hour before on the day of planned sexual activity will help to resolve the issue .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist