What is the cause of indigestion and how can it be treated?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi Doctor,
My last meal of the day is generally around midnight (due to my working hours) and consists of non-veg. Last thursday, I had a more than normal serving of mutton and rice and slept after a couple of hours. I woke up in the early morning hours with severe indigestion, accompanied by belching and a general feeling of uneasiness. To overcome the belching and indigestion, I passed motions and forced my self to throw-up. This helped me fall asleep but the indigestion continued the next morning (Friday). I went to see a doctor who put me on medication and advised me to eat only bland, veg food for the next 5 days (today is the 4th day). I'm feeling much better now but still have slight belching towards the evening and night. The list of medications I'm taking is as attached. Do you prescribe any more medicine or diet restrictions?
Please note:
I had taken a 10 mg of creatine (5 mg per day for two days), the week before last (I like working out).
I'm wondering if the indigestion was caused due to eating non-veg late at night and whether the creating aggravated the problem. I have since disontinued the use of creatine and will no longer take it.
Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acid reflux, GERDRID

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Your are having symptoms of acid reflux because poor eating schedule, spices in on veg food.

You can continue taking GERDRID caps once daily before breakfast for 4 weeks.
Avoid alcohol, coffee, citrus, tomatoes, chocolares.
Eat on time.
Eat multiple smaller meals.
Go to bed at least 2 hours after food.

Dr.R.K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj