What is the cause of getting bouncing and moving feeling while sitting and standing?

Dr. M Y Shareef

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I feel like my body won't rest it feels like I am moving or bouncing wh en I am sitting, or standing.
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some investigations, personal review by docto Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query. With your history and current medications, if I were your physician, I would have advised you for a routine blood pressure check,blood sugar test, serum lipid profile, kidney function test, and a carotid Doppler along with a base line ECG and echo. Also I would go for a routine ENT and Ophthalmology chek up by the concerned specialists in your area. In case of normal results of the above, I would advise you for a CT/MRI scan of brain and cervical region to rule out any organic problem in these areas. In case of normal results of these, I would give you a simple drug like prochorperazine 5mg tablets for a symptomatic relief under close observation. In case the symptoms increase, I would not hesitate to refer you for a Neurological consultation to exclude any chances of Migraine, or any other organic neurological problem which might be causing these. In the mean time, you should avoid climbing stairs, driving, and any such activities, which may have risk of injuring yourself by fall. I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts. Thanks for choosing health care magic for clearing doubts on your health problems. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.