What is the cause of frequent urination at night?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: every night when I go to sleep, I have to urinate for like 20 times and everytime only few little drops would come. I go back to my bed and same thing repeats.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Maybe a small stone or mild infection.

Detailed Answer:

It looks like some irritation of the bladder maybe infection or stone. Do you have pain or fever?

I would suggest you take Syp. Citralka 10 ml in a glass of water in the night for 5 days. Drink 3 lts of water.

In case it persists it is best to meet a physician or a urologist for a detailed examination.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 9 hours later
I occasionally take gokshurad guggal which has tribulus in it. it is an ayurvedic medicne to treat UTI and stones. when I take this the problem would resolve. but as soon as I stop, problem comes again. what are your views ?
Answered by Dr. Kampana 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

I am not aware of ayurvedic medicines. If it works you can continue. I would suggest you to get an ultrasound KUB to rule out stones and a urine routine and culture to rule out infections. Meanwhile you can take syp. citralka.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,