What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been drained?
Please follow the instructions for a proper diagnose and treatment
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms seems to be related to hyperhydrosis.
Most times, excessive sweating is harmless.
This situation can be caused by anxiety.
It can also be hereditary.
Some other diagnoses that cause this situation are:
Some advices that I can give to you are:
-Use some atiperspirants that contain aluminum
-Medications called anticholinergics that affect the nerve signals to sweat glands.
Other treatments that can be performed by a doctor are:
-A low-intensity electrical current treatment called iontophoresis
-Botox injections for underarm sweating
Due to the fact that this situation can be caused also by some medical conditions I suggest you to do a blood test and the thyroid hormone level to confirm the diagnose .
You can contact me again after the examination.
Hope my answer was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- Excessive sweating and feeling hot
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating