Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What is the cause for white penile discharge with discomfort erections?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
Hello doctor.. I am a 24 year old male who has recently experienced a white penile discharge throughout the day. There is no burning, itching, redness, bumps, or swelling. I also have discomforting erections. Ive dealt with this now for 3 days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible genital infection;need to do culture test Detailed Answer: Hi, The white penile discharge could be related to genital infection. As you are not facing any visible symptom, I'd suggest to do the culture of the discharge for bacterial or fungal infection in order to determine the right diagnosis and get the proper treatment. If you are sexually active, I'd suggest to get tests for STDs to get treatment in time. Until you have the results in, I'd advise to: - have always protected sex - get proper hygiene of your genitalia - if not circumcised yet, discuss with an urologist to get circumcised once your finish the treatment - get your partner (if only one) treated as well (at the same time as you) - I usually prescribe local cream containing clotrimazole and metronidazole; once you have the results in, you should start oral therapy too Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cause for white penile discharge with discomfort erections? 44 minutes later
Okay so just an hour ago I saw a spot of blood at the end of my urine stream. (First time). Im not circumsized and did receive unprotected oral sex a week ago. I haven't taken any antibiotics. Only raw garlic hoping that may clear it up.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Get examined&start oral&local antibiotic&more... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for following up. From what you are saying, it could be infection of genital tract. I'd strongly suggest to run the earlier tests together with STDs testing. I'd also suggest to talk to your urologist to get circumcised once the infection is cleared. You should start oral prescription antibiotics and other drugs as per test results as soon as possible! Take care! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor