What is the cause for swelling in the lower skull after swimming?
Thanks for posting your query.
Please send your X-reports at YYYY@YYYY with sub: “ATTN Dr Jasvinder singh” so that I can have a look at your x-ray reports and it will help me in understanding your condition better.
You can also attach the x-ray reports with this query on the forum itself.
Waiting for your reports.
Thanks for writing back and sending the x-ray reports.
I have gone through your reports and from the reports it is clear that there is no problem with the spine. The swelling below the skull and top of shoulders is a soft tissue swelling.
Lipoma is a common possibility to present as a swelling on this area. It is located just under your skin, is soft and doughy to touch and less than 2 inches (5 centimeters) in diameter, but they can grow larger. They can be painful if they grow and press on nearby nerves.
The other possible causes are subcutaneous tumors or some nodular subcutaneous fat. I will suggest an ultrasound or MRI of the area for a more confirmatory diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes skull deterioration
- What causes bluish swelling of the lower eyelid
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain
- What causes swelling in lower calfs in both legs
- What causes indentations in the skull
- What causes skull dents
- What causes ripples in skull
- What causes swelling and tenderness in lower left abdomen
- Skull swelling
- What can cause lower adominal swelling