Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What is the cause for sore hips and dull pain at the bottom of rib cage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
ive been having this dull pain towards the bottom of my right rib cage, my sides hurt and my mid back on the sides sometimes cetain areas of my ribs ache my right hip at time feel sour sometimes i even feel like theres an air bubble right above the dull pain that i get at the bottom of my rib cage skightly above it sometimes i feel lite headed its a little scary and when i think about too much i feel like fainting any ideas?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Liver function test, Ultrasound abdomen. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are plenty of causes for dull pain under the right rib cage. some common causes are gall bladder diseases such as stones or infection, liver disease such as hepatitis, gastric ulcer, Gastritis etc. Even Musclo skeletal pain in rib can be a cause. If you are my patient, i would like to take the thorough history following examination. i would look for any tenderness under the rib cage and any liver or other organ enlargement. Then i would refer you for further investigations like 1. Liver function test to rule out any liver disease 2. Ultrasound abdomen to rule out gall stones 3. X-Ray Chest and Abdomen If all these investigations and findings are normal, then i would prescribe proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole for 10 days or a week. So please get examined by your primary care physician and do investigations i mentioned above. Because with out physical examination and investigation, it is very difficult to identify the cause for your pain. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor