What is the cause for pin and needles in arm and hands?
Most commonly associated cause for pins and needles is compression caused by abnormal posture.
Some times as you sleep, blood vessels and nerves get compressed due to prolonged wrong posture. This compression causes pins and needles sensation. The symptoms usually lasts for awhile; and recovery is spontaneous.
Avoid sleeping on your arm or in any other abnormal position.
If this is not the case, then I would like to investigate you before I can answer your question. I would check your complete blood count, blood sugar, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and TSH levels as the first set of investigations. Your local physician will know about these tests.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pins and needles in hands and feet sometimes in arms to
- Can symbicort cause pins and needles in the hand and arm
- Pins and needles in right arm and hand
- Ecstasy pins needles hands arms
- Pins and needles in hands and arms while driving
- Often wake up with pins and needles in arm and hands
- Causes pins needles left arm
- Ayurveda pins and needles in arm and hands
- Pins needles in arms hands at night
- Mdma pins needles hands arms