What is the cause for pain and soreness under breast?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I was sitting in an odd position last night and felt pain under breast at rib area. This morning it is sore to touch only, no sob no pain with deep breath or sneezing. Only if its touched like if I kneel down and my chest hit my knees. Is this just a contusion No bruising noted.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: minor sprain Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) This pain is due to pressing of ligaments and muscles around the rib and not a contusion. 2) This pain will surely start decreasing in 2 days as the muscle heals. 3) To simplify, it is similar to mild sprain in the ankle. It is minor and nothing to worry. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist.