Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the cause for chest tightness and burning in rib cage area?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
I have discomfort in my upper abdominal area and under my ribs. I have had all the tests ran on my heart and gall bladder and everything is in great working order. After eating i have a bloated feeling and pressure in stomach. I have been taking 2 tagamet 150 daily and no help there. It started out as chest tightness and burning in ribcage area but has moved to mainly to the stomach area. Twice I have had really intense pain in the upper right area of abdomen and visited the emergency room. That's when all the tests were ran but nothing turned up. This has been going on about 6 months.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of acid peptic disease Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Bloating feeling after consumption of food is likely to be due to acid peptic disease and possibility of associated hiatus hernia to be considered. I suggest you to get an Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy done, which will rule out acid peptic disease. Apart from this I would suggest you following modifications 1. Consume frequent small meals 2. Avoid Spicy/oily/fried foods 3. Consume plenty of water- 2to 3 liter per day 4. Consume diet rich is fiber with serving of fruits especially citrus fruits. 5. Do not skip meals I hope I have answered your query Do get back to me if you have any other query Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor