Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What is the cause for burning sensation in my nose?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15855 Questions
I'm getting concerned cause it never goes away. My nose burns (not painful) just a burning sensation and lower back like where the tailbone is burns also (again not painful and not accompained with any skin outbreaks ever). Feels like it through the nerves-any theories? XXXX
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be due to lisinopril Detailed Answer: Hi. Gone through your history and the medication you are taking. Does the burning sensation start with the start of lisinopril? This drug is known to cause such sensations. Many of such side effects usually wear off with time. I would advise you to have consultation with your treating Doctor to discuss this and see if He can change to other medicine if He feels so. Your symptoms do not look like any Nerve problems.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cause for burning sensation in my nose? 26 minutes later
Only been on lisinopril for 4 months... The burning sensation has been since 2008.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Neuralgia of unknown origin Detailed Answer: Hi. Alright, this means lisinopril has nothing to with your problem. Are there any associated symptoms other than burning? Are there any aggravating or relieving factors? Both the parts you mentioned have no connections as such. Many times some neuralgia ( pain due to inherent problem in the small nerves itself) have no specific reasons. They can occur on its own and just are irritating. Sometimes the relief can be get from some medicines like Amitryptiline in a mild doses for which you need a prescription from a Doctor. Methylcobalamin can also help. You can try local application of hot or cold to see the results. A consultation with Neurologist can help diagnosis and alleviation of this problem.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor