What is the cause and treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome?
Thew outcome of Surgery is excellent
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Greetings of the day
Thoracic outlet syndrome occurs due to compression of nerves due to high situated 1 St rib. The nerves get angulated due to 1st rib situated at higher level , which is compressed between the scalena muscle. Surgical resection of rib and along with division of muscle is the preferred Surgical approach.
The Surgery gives good result . As the Etiology of compression is no longer there , the pain subsides and outcome of Surgery is excellent. There is definitely no cause for concern.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kaltari
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thoracic outlet syndrome itching
- Thoracic outlet syndrome alcohol
- Exercises for thoracic outlet syndrome
- Thoracic outlet syndrome prognosis
- Thoracic outlet syndrome thyroid
- Causes of thoracic outlet syndrome
- Seizures thoracic outlet syndrome
- Symptoms of Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Diagnosis of Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Treatment and cure for Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Suggest treatment for anal fissure
- What causes abdominal pain along with headache in a child?
- What causes flat red spots all over body?
- Suggest remedy for pain in the navel area
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of esophageal thrush and white spots on...
- What causes excessive crying in an infant?
- What causes pressure feeling in abdomen and bloated feeling after eating?
- Suggest treatment for a breast abscess
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever in child
- What causes lack of urination in child?